To get a roundup of TechCrunch’s largest and most vital tales delivered to your inbox each day at 3 p.m. PDT, subscribe right here.
Hey, people, welcome again! Beneath we’ve received some 2022 roundups and even some information. I believe it’ll get even leaner because the week wears on, however irrespective of! There’ll all the time be tales to share. Now, right here is your Wednesday version of the Each day Crunch. — Hank
The TechCrunch High 3
- Sports activities on Amazon: The tech large needs to proceed its march into broadcasting stay sports activities, including to its present lineup of Thursday Evening Soccer, Premier League soccer and the like, Aisha experiences. Professional tip, Amazon: Add cricket to your plans.
- Ring true: Movano beat the CES rush and launched Evie, a sensible ring targeted on ladies’s well being, Brian experiences.
- Within the water: Earlier this month, Boundary Layer pivoted to producing private watercraft that may run events upward of $60,000 as soon as they’re prepared. Haje experiences that the corporate has greater than $1 million price of orders.
Expensive Sophie: Do staff need to cease working till they get their EAD?
One among our staff is on an H-4 visa and has an Employment Authorization Doc. It’s been 5 months since he filed to resume his EAD, which can expire subsequent month. Is there any solution to expedite this course of? Does he need to cease working if he doesn’t obtain his new EAD card earlier than his previous one expires?
As a result of it’s taking so lengthy to get EAD playing cards, we’re fearful about one other of our staff, who has an L-2 visa with an EAD scheduled to run out early subsequent yr.
As well as, the H-4 visa worker needs to go to his household in India as a result of it’s been greater than three years since he final went. Will he and his household be capable of return to the U.S. after 4 weeks?
— Aware Supervisor
We additionally rounded up the perfect of our local weather protection on TC+ this yr. And Tim had a pair extra favorites:
TechCrunch+ is our membership program that helps founders and startup groups get forward of the pack. You may enroll right here. Use code “DC” for a 15% low cost on an annual subscription!
Large Tech, Inc.
- Twitter trimming: A Norway-based developer advised Ivan that she created a instrument that can assist you cull the record of accounts you observe, as a result of she was reaching the observe restrict on the platform.
- Political … tick tock: The U.S. Home of Representatives has ordered all employees and lawmakers to delete TikTok from their gov-issued telephones, citing “safety points,” Carly writes.
- Bitcoin mining deal: Galaxy Digital has agreed to accumulate Argo Blockchain’s bitcoin mining facility, Helios, for $65 million, Jacquie writes.
- Code-generating AI: Sounds cool, proper? Nicely, Kyle wrote a few examine that discovered code-generating AI can introduce safety vulnerabilities.
2022 in Assessment
- Excellent news!: Amanda, Kyle, Tim, Devin and Rebecca have a roundup of some excellent news in tech for you. This crop of TC reporters put their heads collectively to mine 2022 for some tech goodness. Local weather tech bolstered by the Inflation Discount Act and the James Webb Area Telescope are on the record.
- On the transfer: Rebecca has compiled the largest transportation tales that drove the yr.
- Surveying buyers: And Karan and Ram provide you with a glimpse of the investor surveys that we ran on TC+ this yr.